Thursday, July 11, 2013

Loads of color surround the daisy

I'm back after a long break. The spring and summer have been busy months with travel, work and family. I've also been working on a steady flow of custom blankets, so unfortunately this blog has been a casualty.

One of the newest orders is for a baby afghan to match a shower invite. My customer liked the daisy pattern, but was looking for colors similar to the image below:



So I came up with this square:





I still need to ask if she would like it bordered in white or just purple. Maybe even a darker purple? What do you think? 

I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the squares together. I'll be sure to post a photo when I'm finished. I hope you've been having a wonderful summer!


8 comments:

  1. Hi sweetheart.....good to see a new post.I'll go with a white row.It's beautiful.Nice square.

    Luna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luna :) Too much traveling, and I tend to unplug when I'm away... I think the white would be nice to tie everything together. The customer would like to see a darker shade of purple. I found one that I think will go well with the orchid color. I think I like the idea of adding more color just as much as the white border: I don't think you can ever have too much color! I'll post a photo of the final blanket when I get there. I hope you've been having a wonderful summer.

      Delete
    2. Did you ever post a picture of the finished product? I'd love to see it!

      Delete
  2. I just recently found your blog. I love your work. This square is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol! I'm just finishing up, so I'll try to post some photos of the completed blanket in the next few days. Hope you have a very nice weekend!

      Delete
  3. love your work.. I have to admit the name tilly is why I checked this blog out.. beside the beautiful crochet work. I have a Tilly too.. she is my 10 year old grand daughter. Tilly is her nickname for Tillara. Just thought I would share it isn't a popular name. :) but a nice one.. Tillara is a family name ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a thoughtful note! My daughter's name is Tillie (after my great aunt - I wrote about her here: http://tillietulip.blogspot.com/2012/02/feeling-nostalgic.html). I recently found out her full name was Matilda. Tillara is so unique and very pretty. We are fortunate to have these Tillies/Tillys in our lives :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and thanks again for your post!

      Delete
  4. White would definitely make it pop! So gorgeous I love your work!

    ReplyDelete