Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tillie the mermaid princess

Halloween has come and gone, but I'm finally getting around to posting a photo of Tillie's finished costume. I started a couple of months ago with a crocodile stitch skirt. I wanted her to be able to walk, so I only went to her knees with the pattern and then created a dc "tail" in the front and back - open at the sides. I thought it was cute enough (to be honest, I ran out of time, so I kept it simple!). I made a little bandeau top and was going to crochet some seashells, but ran out of time, so I put a simple flower on one side. The colors were all chosen by Tillie. I just tried to coordinate for a little consistency! She was so excited to wear it, and that's all that mattered.





4 comments:

  1. Aww that is so cute. I would have loved to see her in the costume:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous .....it is beautiful.The top also is looking great like that....good job ! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!!! My girls were just saying that they wanted to be princess mermaid's next Halloween. Of course, it would probably be much too cold for them to rock this awesome costume in WI! Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice costume you created! Would have been nice to see Tillie wearing it!

    Greetings, Annie

    ReplyDelete